Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mediterranean Pasta

Ok, so this recipe was really an experiment. Last weekend I enjoyed dinner at a friend's house. She made a delicious pasta dish- and I messed around trying to create something similar until I got my hands on the real recipe.
It turned out pretty yummy- although a teeny bit on the dry side. So I think next time I would add either a little more dressing, or maybe even a bit of fat free sour cream...
Anyhow, gather these ingredients:
olive oil
chopped onion (about 1 cup or so)
1 container grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
whole wheat penne noodles
fat free feta cheese
fat free Greek dressing
Parmesan cheese
a pinch of red pepper flakes

Start by putting on a pot of water to boil. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to a pan and heat on medium. Toss in the onions and cook for a couple minutes.

 Then add the tomatoes and garlic. Cook until softened.

Drain the cooked noodles and put back in pan. Add in the softened veggies, and about 3/4 cup of fat free Feta.

Add in about 1/2-3/4 cup of fat free Greek dressing and a pinch of red pepper flakes and mix well.
Pour into a 9x13 dish and spread about 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.
Serve with a yummy salad and some bread. So good-I was very happy with how it turned out!
try it and let me know what you think!
-Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment